Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Open Eyes Not a Unicorn, just another horse

10 yr Member
21.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 23, 2019 at 01:09 PM

(((Pfrog))), I am sorry you have been triggered, triggers don't have to mean you are failing. Also, what is VERY possible is that you probably read that wrong and thought is asked "did you commit any crime". That is actually a rather common question on applications, even for housing in some states and often comes up in work applications too.

You probably just answered "NO" because you never committed a crime. Rarely does an application if ever ask if you have been a victim of a crime. When you reviewed your application or questionaire, you got to see what that question really was instead.

They ask that question because they want a juror to be as objective as possible so they don't end up sympathizing with the victim in the case.

My lawyer explained to me that when it comes to picking the jury the opposing side will be really looking for anything in a juror that might compromise how that juror will empathize or relate to my case. So for me that meant no animal lovers, definitely no horse owners or anyone that might sympathize or identify with me.

So, the lawyers may see "yes" and imediately decide you are not going to work out for what they prefer to have as a juror. Never means you are a bad person because you happen to have been a victim.
Open Eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41006