View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Mar 23, 2019 at 03:17 PM

Hello Baby_Gurl: I believe this was the second of your 2 posts here on PC. I'm sorry you are only now receiving your first reply to it. I don't know if you're still with us. But, if so, please forgive us. We're generally better than this.

Unfortunately I don't know as I have much of anything in the way of advice to offer you with regard to the situation you describe. (Perhaps, at this point, the situation has been resolved anyway?) I certainly agree that any assistance you might receive should be based on what you believe you might need or want in order to progress in life, not on what might be of financial benefit to someone else.

You asked about paying more board whether your mom wants you to or not. Personally I think how much you pay should simply be based on what you can afford & how much additional cost in incurred as a result of you living with your mom. Here's a link to an article, from Psych Central's archives, on the subject of compromise. Perhaps something in it can be of some help:

A People-Pleaser's Guide to Compromise | Happily Imperfect

My best wishes to you.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky