View Single Post
Caprinaholic

Member Since Mar 2019
16 hugs
given
Default Mar 23, 2019 at 05:14 PM

TF: Don't worry about how you're doing compared to other people in your group. Everyone is an individual; their issues might not effect their functionality as much as yours, or maybe DBT is more helpful for their brains than yours. That doesn't mean you're broken or not trying hard enough, but it means you need to keep working on solutions that are more useful to you.

I know exactly what you mean about overanalyzing, I get the same way. What did your therapist say when you brought that up? I just started seeing someone new, and one of the first things I told her is that I want more of an interactive dynamic with real solutions, not just a shoulder to cry on. So far so good.

Are you on any meds, or has that been discussed as an option? They're not a solution for BPD, but if your emotions are interfering with therapy, getting them under control might make it easier for you to succeed. That's my current plan - with the emphasis on preventing the deep dark depressions I get into, which would be likely to keep me from attending therapy or making any effort at it.
Caprinaholic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky