View Single Post
BlueMerleGirl

Member Since Oct 2016
7 hugs
given
Default Mar 23, 2019 at 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulThinker66 View Post
I think couples' therapy is the answer here. He needs to hear it from someone in authority that his behaviour isn't helpful; neither is it appropriate. In my own experience, no amount of pleading, telling, or putting my foot down was going to change my then husband's behaviour. He needed to hear it from someone else that he was basically being a dufus. How I managed to convince him to go to therapy I do not entirely know how. I DO know that he honestly thought he was doing everything right and that it was him the counselor was going to side with. What a shocker then to him when that didn't happen. He went expecting me to get a lecture about laying off nagging him. Instead he got an earful.
Thanks for the advice. actually I think he would be willing to do couples therapy and it’s sornthing we have considered more seriously recently. There are certainly things I can improve on too but no Matter what I do he won’t ever understand how it is so hard for me to do so much more than him, and that he has a distorted view of the amount he contributes. Did it help your relationship a lot?
BlueMerleGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, WishfulThinker66