ken9018
Veteran Member

Member Since Nov 2016
395 hugs
given
Default Mar 23, 2019 at 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0notreallyhere0 View Post
I've never really been a shy person but my depression did kick into a higher gear during sophomore year. I started isolating myself and shortly after felt a sense of loneliness when I couldn't reach out to people. I kept seeing people I once called "friends" doing things without me and going on dates and etc. But the thing is, I think seeing everyone being active is what made me feel lonely and not me being alone. Because society constantly tells college kids you're supposed to be social. And thanks to SM, the world says you're a "nobody" if you're not. And although you may not believe that, your brain still internalizes those messages and you may develop a sense of loneliness... because your brain thinks you're devoid of human interaction. But are you truly devoid of human interaction? Do you really not have satisfying moments between you and people you care about? Are you truly ready to go on dates and make new friends or do you feel pressured to do these things because you see everyone else doing them? I think sitting down with those questions and thinking really hard on them will help you. I hope they do!
Those are really good questions and I'm stewing on them already. Thanks for the insight.
ken9018 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote