Veteran Member
ken9018 has no updates.

5 yr Member
395 hugs
given
Default Mar 23, 2019 at 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTrees View Post
Sorry you're struggling Ken. I am wondering what you are working toward. Beyond the degree...what specific job do you wish to do? Have you done some informational interviewing and job-shadowing with people currently doing that job? I think that could be really useful...to see what a typical day or week on that job looks like...to know if that's what you want and if it's obtainable. You mentioned an attention deficit and OCD...do you feel that those would impact your ability to do the particular job you're interested in? For example, I'm not someone who would want to be stuck in a chair in front of a screen for much of the day at work. I like to move often and interact with others. But that's just me. I think it's really helpful to think of all the aspects of a job/career and a typical day when we weigh up what we want and choose a major.

You mentioned recent grades not going well. Was that just one tough semester? How were things going before? How were your grades in your first and second years of university?

You always have options. When we feel depressed, we can often feel stuck in a corner. But there is always more than one way to live your life. I wish you peace and a bright future!

I've had an internship in IT already so it is truly something I want to pursue. I've only ever failed one class and that was due to being absent and not being able to grasp the material. I graduated with a 2.83 from community college, not to bad for someone who was actually home schooled through a home and hospital program for half of my high school career. Thanks for wishing me peace and a bright future, same to you!
ken9018 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky