View Single Post
Caprinaholic

Member Since Mar 2019
16 hugs
given
Default Mar 23, 2019 at 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience with Cymbalta. I was on the maximum recommended dosage first of Cymbalta &, when it became available, its generic equivalent (Duloxetine) for over a year... perhaps two (memory fails me.) Actually Cymbalta was the best antidepressant, for me, I ever took... not that it was perfect... but it was better than anything else I tried. I decided to go off of it when I changed health insurance plans & the out-of-pocket cost skyrocketed.

I went in to see my pdoc & seek his recommendation for tapering off the Duloxetine. He recommended a reduction schedule that took me from the maximum recommended dosage down to zero over the course of 2 weeks. I had read stories about difficulties people had had getting off Cymbalta so this seemed very fast to me. However, since this was his recommendation, I went with it. And I really didn't experience any significant problems.

Considering it mimicked symptoms that I already had, I think the withdrawal may have triggered something underlying. And tapering over 2 weeks is certainly safer than going from 60 to 0 cold turkey. I'm on 30 now, so far so good but it's only been a few days.
Caprinaholic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Skeezyks