View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 23, 2019 at 08:43 PM

Grand jury duty I would think would be a little less stressful but still could be triggering.

This helped me understand the differences in jury duty requirements:

Quote:
A grand jury helps determine whether charges should be brought against a suspect, while a trial jury renders a verdict at the criminal trial itself. Put differently, a grand jury hands down an indictment at the beginning of a case, while a trial jury decides guilt or innocence at the very end
I actually got myself out of jury duty just after I moved here where I didn't know anyone..
.I immediately got jury duty request within months. I wrote a letter & explained that living alone in the country & not knowing who is relatet to who in this small community I was not willing to put my life at risk serving on a jury. Also let them know I was on disability for depression, anxiety & was dealing with PTSD. Lol....I never heard from them again. Guess they permanently took my name off the list. I have gone to court & the DA even handled a criminal case for me. Also supported our DA in several animal (horse) cruelty cases. But serving in a jury.....whole different can of worms in a small town.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41006