View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 23, 2019 at 09:00 PM

Have you looked at the skills & forms associated with the DBT section of interpersonal effectiveness? I have found it to be a great help in communicating "NO" & communicating needs.....though it still doesn't come easy for me but my challenges are a little more complex than "no".

What you did is an awesome start.....good for you.

Lol....lots of times I really don't feel like doing something but am on the fence about it because I enjoy doing those things......but I realize what a relief when the others are the ones who cancel.

Guess I don't want my NO answer to come too easy because I could get caught into my NO, not doing anything mode & that is hard to break for me too.

My daughter got used to my "no"answers growing up but I always qualified the "no" with a "come to me with a logical reason why I should say yes & I will reconsider" she learned to approach me logically rather than emotionally & usually convinced me that it was actually ok. It was an interesting & worthwhile exercise for both of us.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43949, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky