UpDownAround
Magnate

Member Since Jul 2017
493 hugs
given
Default Mar 24, 2019 at 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deilla View Post
I wish you success. I used to diet (count calories) but then I was very unhappy doing it. So I decided I would find a way of eating that would be healthy and promote a good weight. The diabetes scare was the thing that really did it for me. Every once in a while I have a treat but I just keep my carbs around 45 per meal. And it works for me.
Thanks. I am 60 and prior to dropping below a BMI of 25 a little over a year ago, the last time I was at a healthy weight I was in my 20s. I didn't get substantially overweight until I was in my 40s. I have been over 70 pounds heavier than I am now a number of times in the last decade or so.

Making bad choices and eating too much is pretty deeply ingrained. Tracking helps me curb that. It doesn't make me unhappy to do it. It actually makes it easier for me because I don't deny myself things; I just have to make them fit. I am also aware of how much protein, fat and carbs I get. This helps me make better choices but still gives me freedom to eat foods I like.

I did exercise some discipline yesterday and didn't let my sweet tooth go nuts. I indulged it with a few carefully tracked treats and I even had a slice of pizza for lunch. But I managed to keep it under 1500 calories.

157 this morning, down 2 pounds from yesterday's spike. I have managed to stay in the 150s for several months now; I have not even spiked out of the range. But I want to get back in the lower half below 155.

I did not do my regular Saturday night cardio. I walked 5 miles Friday and was only a little sore. Yesterday afternoon, I walked maybe a mile fishing at the neighborhood pond. Last night my calves were so sore I could barely climb stairs. Same this morning. This is odd because my regular cardio is the arc trainer 3 times a week for an hour or more at a time with high resistance. It works my calves pretty good. Not sure what I did different that made me so sore.

EDIT - Soreness getting better. I was concerned because of something that happened in the past. I had textbook myositis (including the creatine kinase levels spiking in a blood test) that seemed to come out of nowhere and then disappear. At the time I was warned that it is very unusual for it to happen just once and never again. Ever since then I get spooked whenever I have unexpected muscle soreness.

|And in the end it's only round and round
|
Pink Floyd - Us and Them
|
|bipolar II, substance use disorder, ADD
|lamictal, straterra
|

Last edited by UpDownAround; Mar 24, 2019 at 09:23 AM..