Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
74.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 24, 2019 at 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atisketatasket View Post
I am getting crabby about the whole celiac/gluten thing. Not going gluten-free, I have confidence I can do that, but when can I start?

GI appointment is April 1 and as far as I can tell from the Internet the likely first step is more bloodwork, for which I need to be eating gluten to get accurate results. Then an endoscopy, for which, again, it would be ideal to be eating gluten.

I don’t even know if I want an endoscopy, but it’s likely I’d just be diagnosed gluten-sensitive without one instead of celiac. A more specific diagnosis has its advantages.

There’s the option of a gene test if I go off gluten before more tests but that’s not definitive.

I’m just impatient. I have a plan and want to implement it rather than bouncing around medical offices. And I’m starting to look at stuff with gluten and think “poison.”

I totally understand the impatience. Maybe at least try to hold out till the April 1 appointment, since that isn't too far away? I imagine it would be OK to reduce gluten, just not eliminate it completely.

Thanks for this!
atisketatasket, Omers, SlumberKitty