View Single Post
redCanine3669

Member Since Feb 2019
397 hugs
given
Default Mar 24, 2019 at 07:57 PM

another thing that upsets me about these industries is my eye impairment. my eye impairment is a reason why I've not focused on the protective service industry too, which would probably require a lot of movement and damage my glasses.

Imagine if I were driving a car and suddenly a road bump causes my eyeglasses to fall off. And since I'm more interested in truck driving, road bumps might shake the heavy vehicle worse. my glasses are quite slippery. simply looking down can cause them to slide off my nose. when I sort the household garbage, I sometimes put a string around my head so that my eyeglasses don't slide off.

I'm thinking of investing in some contact lenses. at first, I was thinking of simply putting some transparent thread around my head, to keep my eyeglasses in place while not looking too strange. but it's not about my appearance as much as about the chance of my eyeglasses coming off or tilting in a strange angle. I could accidentally crash a truck if that happens, so buying contact lenses would be the responsible thing but also costs money.

so before I begin to work in the automotive transportation industry, I should really calculate the "net?" worth of the investment. I know I wouldn't make much money, but I'd definitely not want to be losing money. If I find some employer to work for (as an employee or independent contractor,) or if I study my neighborhood enough for a positive financial estimate of a self-employment, then I'll definitely buy contacts. My aim isn't necessarily to make a lot of money, but to simply pay at least 7 months of rent in a year.
redCanine3669 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote