WishfulThinker66
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
117 hugs
given
Default Mar 25, 2019 at 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMerleGirl View Post
Thanks for the advice. actually I think he would be willing to do couples therapy and it’s sornthing we have considered more seriously recently. There are certainly things I can improve on too but no Matter what I do he won’t ever understand how it is so hard for me to do so much more than him, and that he has a distorted view of the amount he contributes. Did it help your relationship a lot?
Hi BlueMerleGirl. I really wish I could say it did. But there were other issues in the relationship that I could not tolerate nor mend. He did however become helpful around the house and make more of an investment and contribution to it's operation. Until the other issues came to a crescendo there was in fact at least somewhat of an improvement. We actually continued a few more sessions of couples' therapy where other behaviours of his were addressed as inappropriate by the therapist. I am not saying I did no wrong but for the most part it was he the therapist came down harder on. I still recommend the therapy though as it did improve things.
WishfulThinker66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky