Rive1976
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2018
144 hugs
given
Default Mar 25, 2019 at 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koru_kiwi View Post

this was my experience when working with my T, who had no prior experience working with a DID client until i came along. for a long time i worried that he didn't believe me and a part of that was because i too struggled with being in a conflicted denial of what my internal experience was and doubted that it was even possible that i had split off into different insiders (alters). this is such a common occurrence among those newly diagnosed with DID/DDNOS/OSDD and i found a lot of reassurance in learning that fact as i met others online who also were struggling with the existence of their DID/DDNOS diagnosis. i believe i was using my doubts about my Ts beliefs as a way to avoid and fuel my own doubts about my own experiences and a stalling method to avoid facing the dark truths about me and my early childhood traumas. it's scary coming to terms (acknowledging and accepting) that ones childhood experiences were so damaging that the best way, and a very creative one for that matter, to survive was to split and fragment off into different dissociated parts.

to this day, i'm still not even positive if my ex-T fully believes in DID or not. and honestly, in the end, it really doesn't matter, because throughout my therapy with him he was willing to work with what he often called my 'split off' and fragmented parts. what was most important was that he was able to listen to what my internal experiences were as he acknowledged each of my insiders (alters) and helped me to work towards forming connections and relationships with them within my internal system and with others in my life, including him.

just wondering, have you been able to find a welcoming and helpful DID online support source to share these concerns of yours? i recall you asking about some a little while back.

No I havent. The one I want to join is 39 dollars a month and I cant afford that.
Rive1976 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
koru_kiwi