Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 25, 2019 at 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Só leigheas View Post
(Could trigger? Just be safe.)

We had a friend over past night. He needed a place to crash. I've never really been under the impression that he's even slightly a real danger, but the threat alarms never quiet. It doesn't matter that I'm a man (granted the body isn't), I couldn't sleep at all with him in the next room. I couldn't allow the body to stay asleep. He's still here, but leaving soon, and he really does seem like an alright guy. I just can't put my guard down. Will I always be like this?

-A
Im sorry but only you and your own treatment providers can say whether you will always be uncomfortable with over night guests.

for me I was never afraid of having over night guests, for me it gave me great comfort to have someone else around to help me get through the night.

my suggestion if this continues to bother you contact your treatment providers. they will be able to help you figure out whats what for you and make plans for if at some point in the future another friend or this one needs a place to stay how you can help your friend while at the same time honoring your own feelings.

one way someone I know handles this is they dont allow over night guests but they do have what they call a "guest fund" (money in a jar that they can pull out and pay for a few nights in a motel or hotel for their friends in need of a place. the few days worth isnt a perm. fix but it does give the one in need time they need to make their own arrangements.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, MtnTime2896

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, MtnTime2896