View Single Post
Bat_Orchid90

Member Since Dec 2018
Default Mar 25, 2019 at 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annoyedgrunt84 View Post
I resent having to look for a job right now. It's so stressful and I don't know what say. Plus why do i have to give my time to someone just to be offered enough to barely survive on and maybe a couple days a week to do what I want...if that. There I said it I think maybe I do have an entitled mentality but it's my life it's my time and I don't get anymore I'm so tired of everyone else having control of what I do with my time. I'm so tired. I feel like admitting you don't want a job is tantamount to admitting to a murder in the US at least, maybe it's better abroad, I don't know. I'm probably just not talented or ambitious enough to live life on my terms in the way I want, or maybe I'm just stubborn.

I completely understand what you’re saying, although ( without sounding offensive) your statement comes off a bit aggressive. But i totally get it! My perspective may be based off of more fear than disgust, i fear becoming another sheep. I fear the template of “ school, work, death”... seems to be the inevitable path for many citizens and I absolutely hate it. Doesn’t matter if you’re waiting staff or in management. You’re literally working yourself to death for people who only see you as a number. As a number who provides a service. And forget about exploring a talent or skill, people dont even want o do the basic things in life like have kids or hell take a vacation because of the time money and energy it takes to get back on track... it’s sad... I don’t mind working, but id like some level of control in what or when I do something so i dont feel as though im only conforming to survive but also when things get unbearable i can step away and not suffer because of it... that’s just me...
Bat_Orchid90 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote