View Single Post
Anonymous48614

Default Mar 25, 2019 at 02:57 PM

So, some weird news today . After an email about some issues to my therapist I find out he has changed my diagnosis from bipolar to my original diagnosis of Dysthymia and Major Depressive Disorder. I'm not sure I so much agree with the change, but it is what it is -- he has worked with me for 5 years (although we never met in person-- LONG story, but basically I was matched with him through betterhelp, an online counseling site -- he is a legit LCSW and I looked up his credentials). He insisted by any means we focus on treating affects (behaviors and symptoms) over labels, which I guess is pertinent to the matter. I finally got a hold of the sense of identity in terms of not feeling alone in my illness... but now I'm back at a loss because there is a lot that just doesn't fit into the category. I'm not overgeneralizing here.. I really feel crazy with some of my behaviors and inabilities sometimes. Bipolar kind of filled that missing gap. Oh well.

I won't stop posting here, however. I like this group of people and I relate, even if we don't share the same illness. I guess with all the crap I'm going through right now this was not what I expected. haha
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, fern46, Innerzone, MickeyCheeky, Rj1331, wiretwister

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, Rj1331