WishfulThinker66
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
117 hugs
given
Default Mar 25, 2019 at 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annoyedgrunt84 View Post
I resent having to look for a job right now. It's so stressful and I don't know what say. Plus why do i have to give my time to someone just to be offered enough to barely survive on and maybe a couple days a week to do what I want...if that. There I said it I think maybe I do have an entitled mentality but it's my life it's my time and I don't get anymore I'm so tired of everyone else having control of what I do with my time. I'm so tired. I feel like admitting you don't want a job is tantamount to admitting to a murder in the US at least, maybe it's better abroad, I don't know. I'm probably just not talented or ambitious enough to live life on my terms in the way I want, or maybe I'm just stubborn.
I am reading this again and really have the impression you do have a sense of entitlement. It sounds like you expect something for nothing - a great deal of it in fact.

I think it a very rare thing indeed for someone to be fortunate enough to be doing something they absolutely love to do without stress or difficult moments. Congratulations to them. I must be doing something wrong.

The point is we have obligations and commitments to adhere to in life. Contributing to our lifestyle is one of them. If you can't work (I stress "can't") or contribute financially it is then necessary to find other ways to do so. Life isn't free. I don't work. I do have a small income however. I contribute most of that into the household and you can be darned sure that I am always looking for additional ways to do so. It is my obligation. It is part of being an adult. So I cook, clean, make sure the dog is walked and otherwise ensure I am pretty damn busy doing my share. Unless you have some physical limitations preventing you from doing so, you had better be doing your part to 'pay' for your living arrangement.
WishfulThinker66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote