View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default Mar 25, 2019 at 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptak View Post
The OP could have been blowing off steam. We don't know. They also said that they are stressed out by the idea of work, and afraid. That doesn't sound like entitlement to me. It sounds like...what they just said: stressed and afraid of working. It sounds to me like its stopping the OP in their tracks.

I don't think they're being entitled in the extreme or classic sense. However, I agree with what you said that we should not expect things for free. We do need to work, and help out, and reciprocate, as part of our community, family, etc. In my perspective, that is a concept for some that can easily be forgotten. And there are aspects of work that are just plain not fun. I am learning this as I go, as well. Interesting how many animals do not have to work though. It seems like a human thing to me. If, that is, you think humans are animals, which I personally do. But yeah it may also have to do with how one is brought up. Or just not having parents or parental figures who explained why we need to work or stressed its importance. I've often wondered that myself and I also did not have parents or parental figures who told me why it was important.

I'm disabled. I am afraid to work (I have heard that a lot of people who have been on disability or haven't worked in a long time, find moving towards work scary - it is common) and have trouble showing up to some social things / keeping certain commitments, but I am also addressing these fears and behavioral issues so that I can work in the future, and for various other reasons as well. It is part of my personal recovery plan.
Your comment about animals is interesting Ptak. Perhaps they do work in the sense that they have to go to lengths to hunt their food or to protect their offspring from predators or to survive the elements.

Your personal recovery plan sounds wonderful. I hope it works out for you!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote