View Single Post
Anonymous48614

Default Mar 25, 2019 at 04:59 PM

I do have a psychiatrist -- I think I mentioned it before, but he sees me for like 3-5 minutes once a month if I have med changes, every 3 months if not. I've only went to my appointments with depressive symptoms and so he only tries to treat those. We've been through all the antidepressants which is why he's turned to things like Lamictal to try.

My therapist has worked with me for 5 years and knows much of my life story, the daily struggles -- the ups and downs I go through etc. When he suggested I had bipolar I took that sincerely. He has the training to say so, and the experience with me to validate what he thinks. I never said anything to my psychiatrist because the meds I was on at the time were working for awhile (until they didn't). If it works, why mess with it, right?

Anyway-- so that's the convoluted story. I know the label doesn't matter -- it's not like anyone fits neatly into a packaged disorder, but it does put me at a loss. What is my opinion anyway? I'm not a mental health professional.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi