Thread: Antidepressants
View Single Post
still_crazy
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2016
3,342 hugs
given
Default Mar 25, 2019 at 08:35 PM

ok...a couple things come to mind here...

1) I've had therapists try to drug me up to make me more managable, so then they could make more $$$ off me. they're -not- doctors.

2) do you really want meds? keep in mind; even the most promising studies from the 2000's onward show only a slight benefit to antidepressants, and that's mostly in severely depressed (read: this close to being in a hospital) people.

3) the vast majority of the antidepressants mess with metabolism. wellbutrin doesn't, some people even drop a bit of weight, but beware; chemically, its related to Tenuate, a mild(ish) diet pill from back in the day, when diet pills were socially acceptable.

4) adverse effects ('side effects') are real. not scaring you...I have a written Rx for wellbutrin around here, somewhere...I'm still weighing the pros vs cons for me, myself, and I.

5) no psych drugs 'fix' anything. its...not a reason to avoid the psych drugs, if needed. I'd rather take the Abilify voluntarily than be in a hospital and pumped full of all kindsa drugs and ******** psychobabble jibber jabber, but I'm on the 'severely bipolar i' end of things, supposedly. its kinda like...taking cough syrup all the time, but leaving pneumonia untreated, or taking pain killers all the time but doing nothing about the source of the pain. necessary? sometimes, maybe. best idea ever? no, not really.

just another FYI--mental health professionals come down hard on smart people and 'uppity' women. true story, not just some cliche stuff im rehashing. im a smart queer, so they treated me worse than an 'uppity woman' back in the day. i wised up, took legal action, now 'inmates are running the asylum,' as they say.

not trying to be harsh on -you-, either...just thought id spare you the typical fluff and saccharin ********e and keep it real. :-)
still_crazy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
piggy momma