Thread: Antidepressants
View Single Post
piggy momma
Poohbah

piggy momma loves all pigs. ALL. THE. PIGS.

5 yr Member
70 hugs
given
Default Mar 25, 2019 at 10:34 PM

My T is not normally a fan of meds. I was quite surprised when he suggested I make a doc appt to find out about going back on some. He was the biggest pusher for me to go off them a year ago. He wants me "slightly" depressed so he has something to work with - if I'm not feeling the problem, I can't work on it. And honestly, he charges me so little he's definitely not making any money off me. I've even begged for extra sessions and he won't give them to me, so he has the opportunity to double his income from me and isn't.

No, I don't really want meds. But I also don't want to keep feeling like this, and he's leaving for 13 weeks soon so I need to be able to function while he's gone. If I can find one that will work for me relatively quickly, I'm hoping to only need it until the fall.

Psych drugs can't do all the work, but they can definitely help, and they can do some of the work. Especially since he's leaving...that gap has to be filled by something or someone.

I don't even know if my doc will give me meds at this point. Last time I talked to her she told me I'm not depressed. My T finally heard me today after five weeks of me saying "I'm not ok"...so now that he believes me, maybe my doctor will too.
piggy momma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Calla lily12, still_crazy

Thanks for this!
still_crazy