View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 26, 2019 at 08:49 AM

I will have to frame this in the context of getting sober for me, just to explain it better. I had to decide that I was sick enough of the pain and misery. One morning in the early hours and I was just wrecked and weeping like I never had. I decided to ask for help and that is when I started going to AA and stopped drinking. A similar thing happened with being med compliant. I was recommended to take a certain dose of a medication and I refused because I was worried about weight gain. I would go into these fugue states that involved scary disassociation, combativeness- it got ugly. One day I decided cleaning up the wreckage of those episodes was no longer working for me and my family I decided to listen to the doc. And it was only a 15lb weight gain (I was just hypersensitive because I had gastric bypass and kept all the weight off). I learned to love myself more. My husband fills my awesome pill cases every month(I can share a pic they are truly amazing cases) and that makes him feel like he contributes to my mental wellbeing and this way I donot forget. I had also been in therapy forever so that really helped.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
lowpoint, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
lowpoint, MickeyCheeky