View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Mar 26, 2019 at 09:55 AM

Last night my husband and I had to go to my family's town (my childhood hometown) for an appointment. Before that I told my dad that we would visit. He said he would be there. We got there a little late because of road detours along the way, but luckily my dad was still there, along with my brother. But only about 15 minutes passed and my dad stood up and said he had to "Go to a restaurant to eat a steak". This is by himself and an unnecessary thing to do, at least while we were still visiting. I sarcastically said "Well, Dad, it was nice seeing you for 15 minutes." to which he said "It was 21 minutes." He was in the other room, and I confess I gave him the middle finger out of anger.

It's clear my dad is relying on booze again. My brother also thinks my dad is just plain neurotic. He's so obsessed with his rituals of going to a cafe every morning of the week, doing set things at exact times of the day, including a nap, and going to certain restaurants in the evenings, then going to sleep. Anyway, we saw my brother. I see my brother more than any of my other family members.

Tonight I attend a lecture at the university. It's a 6-part lecture series on topics relating to modern China. That is relevant to my educational background and possible plans for a part-time job from home in the future.

Last edited by Anonymous46341; Mar 26, 2019 at 11:03 AM..

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, beauflow, BeyondtheRainbow, Innerzone, Nammu, Sunflower123, TheSeaCat

Thanks for this!
beauflow