El Psy Congroo

Loial vicariously I live while the whole world dies

8 yr Member
4,690 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 26, 2019 at 10:14 AM

Sorry for not updating sooner.

My first proper appointment went well. The lady I saw was nice and we had a good talk about stuff covering formalities and also a bit about my drinking habits and behaviours. The appointment was meant to be 45 mins but we talked for almost and hour and a half in the end.

The one thing she brought up was many people expect they go along and will be sober within 2 weeks or something but she said that although that can be done, reducing and learning to resist cravings in an important part too otherwise I’d be more likely just to relapse again.

I will be seeing her to begin with on a weekly basis, although might be two weeks sometimes. Just said we’ll play it by ear.

My goal this week is just to have between 6-8 cans of beer a day. Importantly not going over the 8, which is my usual, but has happened here and there. We also identified spirits as being something to avoid, although I actually brought that up myself.

So far it’s gone well. In fact I’ve had a lot less yesterday but that was just because I slept and a lot and had commitments and that ended up giving me insomnia and stuff. So back to normal amounts today... don’t want to cut back too quickly.

I feel positive. I don’t know exactly what the future will hold and how hard the process will be but we’ll see. The important thing is I’m getting the help I need now and have a structure working towards sobriety. I trust they are used to doing this and will find the best way forwards for me.

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson
Loial is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
bizi, Desoxyn