Anne2.0 elephant walks on

10 yr Member
129 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 26, 2019 at 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggy momma View Post
That’s a good point, octoberful. Maybe if I try that angle instead it will be seen as more productive, and it would be. I never thought of that.

I am also going to go to my doc this week. T says I’m clinically depressed and it might be worth trying some meds, so I’ll see what my doc says. I know she was very against them a year ago, but I’ll ask. I just can’t keep continuing like this. I’m tempted to change docs if she won’t help me, but she’s also been my doc for 16 years so I’m hesitant to move on.
I would make sure to tell your doc your T says you are clinically depressed, and I think it's good to pursue this as an option. I found relief a number of years ago taking an anti-depressant, and as a side benefit it made my therapy better, because I was able to talk more openly about things because it didn't hurt so bad.

You can also ask for a referral to a psychiatrist, who will likely be willing to prescribe medication if your doc won't. Then you can keep this doc and still pursue getting some chemical assistance.
Anne2.0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty