View Single Post
happysobercrafter
Elder

Member Since Jul 2017
9,930 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 26, 2019 at 11:45 AM

One important benefit I experience working on accepting what bothers me is my soul heals. As my soul healed more and more, I became happier. I became less stressed out. I became better. Instead of automatically repeating the destructive patterns that dominated me, I could think about what I wanted to do differently. That is a WONDERFUL feeling!! Plus, that topic no longer set me off.

As I kept going, those tiny bits here and there added up. My life improved as my mental health issues healed. As I healed, my true me surfaced. Being the mute, bashful, shy type I am, my me has been getting louder and happier ever since, LOL

Honeybunnies, I know it is painful but once you do your best to validate those feelings, you will feel better. You pace yourself at your speed. No one can tell you how to heal. That is your privilege and job to manage.

As you work through your problems and you see firsthand how much better you feel, you will keep moving forward. Allow yourself the time and space you need. Your pace is unique to you.

Another important thing I have learned from getting through those painful issues is that it puts us in the position to share with others like us how we got through it. Do you know what that does to all involved? We bond and get stronger.

Our souls guide us to get better. As I worked through my mental illness issues, some thoughts baffled me. But when I faced them, I saw they connected to other problem areas in my life.

Our roads to healing will be unique to us, but our stories will impact and connect us to survivors we meet.

"Love you.
Take care of you.

Be true to you.

You are the only you,
you will ever know the best.

Reach for YOUR stars.

You can reach them better
than anyone else ever can."

Landon Clary Eason
Grateful Sobriety Fangirl Since 11-16-2007

Happy Sober Crafter
happysobercrafter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote