View Single Post
splitimage
Community Support Team

Member Since Mar 2006
75 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 26, 2019 at 12:58 PM

I'm so sorry, this happened to you. It's hard when we get rejected from something we really wanted. The same thing happened to me. I wanted to go to university in Montreal, where all my friends were going. They screwed up and lost part of my application. They eventually figured it out, but past all the deadlines for scholarships and on-campus housing.

I wound up going to my last choice school. At the time in Ontario you could only apply to 3 schools, and I had just put the school in as a place holder, as my parents had both gone there, and I kind of liked their alumni magazine. I didn't visit or research them at all. They wound up offering me a full scholarship. No way I could turn that down, so I headed off to a school I'd never seen other than in pictures, and wound up having the best time of my life. I got a great education, it was a smaller school so class sizes were smaller, I got involved in tons of extracurricular stuff and made many friends.

Best case scenario you may find yourself really liking whatever school you do wind up in, and if not as other's have said, there's always the option to transfer.

In the meantime, I really hope you are able to do something nice for yourself to help you feel better.

splitimage

"I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun". From my favourite hymn.

"If you see the wonder in a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail." Abba

splitimage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
T4bbyCat