Magnate

Member Since Aug 2011
78 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 26, 2019 at 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by here today View Post
That's interesting. I never did anything like that in therapy, but it seems interesting.

Broken record here, it was only 6 months after my last T terminated/rejected me that how I felt about what she did got connected up with how I felt so -- awful -- from a time about 4 years old. No specific event that I recalled, just the feeling. But I hadn't remembered the feeling prior to that -- and it was really awful to re-experience. Several days in bed with depression, a month or more before I was somewhat able to function again. I wrote about that here at the time, 2 years ago.

So damn hard sounds like a good description to me. There may be more to be uncovered, of course. And yet that's probably the key to getting "better"? If that's possible. Which it might be. But it sounds like your current status is surviving, but not really living. So we go on for somethng which is hopefully -- but is not guaranteed to be -- better.

So . . . damn. . .hard.
Hmmmm...None of my former Ts ever tried this kind of work with me. I think I would have freaked out. And maybe benefited.

For a long time, I couldn't imagine being a parent because deep down, I didn't think anyone deserved to really be CARED for, because I never was. I no longer blame my mother for emotionally abandoning me -- I think she had no other choice, but I still was left with this idea that I didn't and don't really deserve love.

In some ways, I wish that former therapists had gone into this kind of discovery with me, regardless of what it was called or how it was shaped. I don't know much about this approach, but it sounds potentially valuable.

But so...damned...hard.
mcl6136 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote