mcl6136
Magnate

Member Since Aug 2011
78 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 26, 2019 at 03:49 PM

Hi everyone.

Last year around this time, my T left the city to go take care of a friend who was ill, and basically blew off her clients while she was gone. When she returned, she wanted to pick up where she had left off, but I had moved on.

My year of no-therapy was kind of restful, and there wasn't much deep going on in my life.

Now, a year later, I'm having some new issues -- mostly having to do with my family-of-origin and finances. Very different stuff than I was handling before, with my last T. On top of these new issues, I'm facing some real challenges at my current job and looking for something new. My stress level is really high.

It's been a while since I searched for a therapist. I don't want to call my last ghostly one and ask for referrals. SO.....

How do I start? Cold calls? Internet reviews? Drive around town looking for small offices? Help line? Local college department?

Can you give me some hints for starting from scratch? I think I want someone who does CBT...something to help me with acceptance of some tough realities in the here and now.
mcl6136 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote