Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2016
8,768 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 26, 2019 at 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulThinker66 View Post
I am reading this again and really have the impression you do have a sense of entitlement. It sounds like you expect something for nothing - a great deal of it in fact.

I think it a very rare thing indeed for someone to be fortunate enough to be doing something they absolutely love to do without stress or difficult moments. Congratulations to them. I must be doing something wrong.

The point is we have obligations and commitments to adhere to in life. Contributing to our lifestyle is one of them. If you can't work (I stress "can't") or contribute financially it is then necessary to find other ways to do so. Life isn't free. I don't work. I do have a small income however. I contribute most of that into the household and you can be darned sure that I am always looking for additional ways to do so. It is my obligation. It is part of being an adult. So I cook, clean, make sure the dog is walked and otherwise ensure I am pretty damn busy doing my share. Unless you have some physical limitations preventing you from doing so, you had better be doing your part to 'pay' for your living arrangement.
I agree with you about contributing around the house.

My brother is disabled. He has severe OCD and autism. My mom claims he can’t work. He does nothing to contribute at home. He doesn’t help with the yard work, house work, or anything. But my mom will get on me if I’m not doing these things despite the fact I’m working a part time job. I find it really unfair. If he’s not working then I think he should be doing things around the house yet all he does is sit in front of the TV watching the same series. I’ve talked before with my mom about this and she just turns it into a personal attack on me about how I’m not doing enough. She baby’s him and she will not see that he has a problem. It’s just really frustrating.

Hugs from:
Anonymous49426