View Single Post
Anonymous43949
Anonymous43949 has no updates. Edit

Default Mar 26, 2019 at 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsygirl88 View Post
I was having a phone interview. The interviewer explains that the training program is sponsored by the company, the company is paying for the student. I proceed to ask do they offer job assistance?
worst possible thing I could say when she just explained the company is paying FOR THE STUDENT....of course their not going to pay for you to get a job somewhere else. I knew this and yet I STILL ASKED THE QUESTION!!! I have had issues like this lately where I say or ask something really obvious or say something that is clearly not the right thing to say. Im not sure how to control this. Its like deep down I know what to say but I can't access the right words and just blurt out whatever! ...and then regret it later. anybody have any tips for this!lol
I can relate to not being able to come up with the right words (especially with my social anxiety). Don't be too hard on yourself though. The person on the other end probably did not think anything of it. He probably talks to so many people on the phone in one day, and is used to routinely answering any professional question that come his way. You didn't talk about anything that is non-job related, so you are fine.

If you are really worried (and if this is an option) you can say,

"You know, I can't think of any question for now, but can I email you if I think of something?"

This way, you have some time to formulate your question in writing.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote