Aviza Calm

10 yr Member
86 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 26, 2019 at 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Fox Seaton View Post
So, literally since the time I was 13 I have been dieting. Of course, when I started I was already thin. Dieting has only made me gain weight.

I have come to conclude that dieting (or specifically the way we diet) is the reason people are getting fat. Recently I have discovered that studies have shown that your body adjusts your metabolism down in as little as 4 weeks. By the time you have been on a diet for 13 or so weeks, your metabolism has dropped substantially and your weight loss slows. If at this point you eat what you did before, maintenance calories, you gain weight fast.

This constant pattern allows your body to become super efficient at reducing your calories when you start dieting. So the ONE thing I cannot do going forward is diet for a long period of time.

I have been eating normal for about a year now I have noticed a few things. I get much better sleep. I am much warmer at all times. I feel like my body is more healthy... better hair and nails... I am pretty sure my metabolism is raring at its highest point. I can eat about 2000 cals and I am slower at gaining. Though I am gaining. But it is like 1 lbs per month. I suspect that when I do exercise I burn more because my metabolism is at a high point. I also don't want food in the same way as I want it when I am dieting. I don't obsess. Sometimes i even skip meals because I am not hungry.

But I recognize that I must lose weight. Being overweight puts you at risk for all kinds of problems. Such as cancer.

So how do I lose weight... but NOT eat less. I am struggling with this... I suppose I could exercise but I simply don't have the ability to exercise for this long.

Meanwhile I keep gaining weight. Not sure what to do.
Eat fruits and vegetables. Lean meats. Reduce fats, sugars.

Aviza is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote