View Single Post
AllofMe

Member Since Mar 2019
Default Mar 27, 2019 at 04:15 AM

Hi. I’m a new member and would like to share. My husband and I have been married for many years and I am just truly starting to see that I need to be more involved/understand him so that he may make the choice to live for many years. He’s suffered from anxiety/depression for years and it seems that he’s at the point of wanting to give up. He’s a skeptic of therapy (tried a few times), rather not take pills as treatment, and believes he’s failed and will be a burden to me as the years go on. His mental issues affected, I believe, his work. He’s quit every job he’s had (only staying less than 2 years, at most), though he’s got a college degree. He believes that he’s failed and that if he doesn’t find a way to make a living (on his own), life is over. I have encouraged and loved him through the years and I want to believe there’s more I can do for him without enabling him. I am struggling to keep strong because I’m afraid to lose him. Any words of advice or someone struggling with the same, I would love to hear from you. Thank you for letting me voice my concern. Too often, I have felt alone through this whole experience.
AllofMe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous44076