View Single Post
Desoxyn
Metaphysic

Member Since Aug 2016
4,908 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 27, 2019 at 09:28 PM

"Tweaky, it's important to me that you don't get a benzo problem. Please don't. I do understand how seductive that lazy, worryless slack can be. But I also know how much damage a benzo addiction can do and it happens whilst the drug is keeping you unaware of the fact that its vandalising your mind and is busy closing off important aspects of your brain, like creativity and the ability to engage with other people effectively. If you can't resist them when they're there, then honestly you need to put them beyond use, possibly somewhere that takes a good walk to get to, or buried in a place so that you can retrieve them until you've sobered up and only get enough for the week each time. If you find that when you retrieve them you get all of them, then you honestly need to destroy all of them. In the mean time, do not get to a place where you need to taper. Tapers only work in around 10% of cases. That's 10% in a full individuals life. The remaining 90% cannot do it and spend the rest of their lives addicted or are forced to CT by circumstances. That's not a place you want to be and not a place that I want to see you in. You're on the edge, trust me. [00:56] Sorry to be that guy, but I'd rather tell you how dangerous the dog is than watch you get bitten. [00:57] You're creative and write well, which is one of the things benzos kill the urge for. Don't do it. Don't waste that. It takes a long time to get back and leaves the nagging doubt that it ever will return completely. [00:58] *stumbles down from the soapbox because he's drunk again on lab-grade ethanol*"
Desoxyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
bizi