View Single Post
tecomsin
Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
736 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 28, 2019 at 09:42 AM

Thanks @~Christina. I appreciate your good judgment. Still I have almost 3 weeks to think this over and @fern46 raises the point that it depends, really, on how far gone he is when I see him next. Hopefully he has climbed down from the manic phase, but I have to be prepared if he has not. What if he is in a state where you can't readily communicate with him. I'm going to read up on the list of symptoms of mania...

Well according to the DSM 5 one criteria for mania is "Excessive involvement in activities that have a high potential for painful consequences."

He said that he trusted to share how he was feeling with me and was in his view tearing down the barriers he had placed in order to form a better therapeutic relationship. I had a creepy feeling that felt like i was being 'groomed' with the compliment I am special and he can share how he is feeling with me while at the same time hiding it from his psychiatrist and his wife. I am just repeating what I remember him saying. He said at one point that he was psychopathic, or his psychosis was psychopathic. He was sharing a view he has that my negative thoughts about myself are not really me but part of my psychosis, how I was raised in the absence of caring emotions. The only real emotion I remember from my childhood is anger. My parents were proud of my accomplishments but this always felt to me to be a separate thing. I was loved for what I did rather than who I was. I remember being beaten by them both. When I was young, my mother also beat me. Then they would laugh and say that "I wanted to be a victim". I was 10 years old.

2.5 mg olanzapine
tecomsin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
wildflowerchild25