View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default Mar 28, 2019 at 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongforgood View Post
I知 a survivor of childhood sexual abuse and I am always uncomfortable with the subject of sex, I have friends who will talk about there sex life open and freely and I always feel like I can稚 ever respond to anything they say because I zone out. I知 triggered by the word and I hate it!! I have been married 21 years and still have never been able to enjoy myself. I知 glad I知 not alone in this. I always feel like I知 a abnormal and I just hide my feelings even though I know my friends would understand.
Hello Strongforgood. Thank you for sharing your truth with us here. I am so sorry that you experienced abuse. It was not your fault. You deserved a peaceful childhood with safe and unconditional love.

It makes sense that you feel uncomfortable about the topic of sex and the word itself. When you say that you haven't been able to enjoy yourself, are you saying that you are unable to enjoy sex with your husband?

You are NOT abnormal. You're a human who experienced trauma at a young age and that trauma understandably affected your perception of sex.

You say you hide your feelings, does that mean you have not spoken with a therapist about your trauma? I wonder if that would help you? There are folks who are very experienced in sexual abuse recovery. Just an idea for you.

This is a safe space for anyone to discuss their thoughts and feelings about sex. Though I realize the thread itself could be very triggering for you. Feel free to PM me some time if you like. Several friends have shared their stories with me about sexual abuse either in their childhood or adulthood. I cannot know how they feel but I have seen their pain and confusion. It was brave and gracious of you to contribute to our thread here. I am grateful to you and I wish you peace and a bright future. Please be patient and kind to yourself.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote