View Single Post
fern46
Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2019
4,300 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 28, 2019 at 03:37 PM

You're welcome. I'm grateful we have this safe space to share. Getting it out can make all the difference. It is so hard to feel left out of a group and it is really painful when it is your own family you feel alienated from. I spent time as a child feeling like an outsider and it is tough. My family wasn't abusive, but I always felt different.

It is sad to me that he would discount the pain his patients are going through because he has the same disorder. I am sure he has suffered, but he should realize that sharing that with you may make you want to keep your feelings to yourself next time. Who knows what he says about you to his other patients. He is there to listen to you, not dump all of his inner thoughts on you and take advantage because you are a kind person willing to listen.

Huge hugs to you. I hope you can find someone new to see soon who can give you the focus and attention you deserve. Also, it would be nice for you to see someone up to date on all meds so they can suggest what might work based on expertise. It seems like you've been doing that part of your doc's job for a while now.
fern46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
tecomsin