Veteran Member

Member Since Jul 2016
2,329 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 28, 2019 at 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnester View Post
In May I have the option of going to my old psychologist while my T is out of town. She was the first person to diagnose me DDNOS and is well known by other therapists as being very knowledgeable in Dissociative Disorders. Her reviews by patients say she gives that dianoses freely and is obsessed with it but really only one person said that. She says I am one to many meds to retest. Or I could see a new unbiased person that specializes in Dissociative Disorders that may retest me but isnt as well known as my old Psychologist. Keep in mind I would be starting new with either one I chose because my old Psychologist doesnt have my records anymore. What would be your choice if it were you?
How long is your therapist going out of town for? Would it be possible to see the old psychologist just a few times during your main T's absence without having to worry about all the diagnoses, but just for basic support and maintenance until your regular T returns?

I feel like if my main T was going out of town I would prefer to see a known T, as it would feel more familiar and comfortable during a possibly rough time (without main T).
mostlylurking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, Rive1976