View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 29, 2019 at 04:50 AM

I think a good question is what kind of progress you are looking to make? Is it professional progress? More friends? What is it you would like to move forward with? Sometimes identifying that can help us see the barriers between what we want, need or think we need. Also, being able to identify the barriers and why they might be there can help us figure out why we are having trouble.

I enrolled in a pre-requisite into to teaching course this past September. I have a BA in Lit and have been on disability but wanted to consider becoming a teacher. Immediately after I enrolled I started making excuses about why I couldnt get my act together and then I was overwhelmed and had to rush around at the last minute and make arrangements to get my observation hours scheduled. Then my 22 year old son had a stroke on Black Friday and I had to drop the course completely. Yes I would have had to drop the course due to him needing care but lets be real- I wasnt doing what I was supposed to be doing anyway and probably would have failed. Now I need to assess if I want to re-enroll and identify the barriers. I am my own worst enemy but I think it was my fear of failure and fear of change that was holding me back. His stroke was a shock but now that he is better I need to determine what it is I need to do. Its very hard when we have to be self assessors. I know I am bad at it.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
eskielover, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
eskielover, MickeyCheeky