Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2018
2,354 hugs
given
Default Mar 29, 2019 at 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostOnTheTrail View Post
Great post, SheHulk.

For me, it boils down to a reminder that she is still there. When I am in 'my vulnerable place' as she calls it, I cannot look at her...but I feel alone there. If there were some way I could look at her without it feeling forced/interrogation like...that would be ideal.

I have even considered rearranging the seating, but I feel like that would just compound things.
My T sometimes asks "can you look at me?" as a request. His tone is kind and extra gentle, like even more so than usual, and I know if I can't that he won't press the issue. It lets me feel like he wants to share that kind of intimacy, which helps me feel less alone even when I'm not actually able to look at him. Idk if you can think of anything she could say to help you feel more comfortable looking at her?

Oh and I sit on the floor curled up in a ball. The more vulnerable or ashamed I feel, the tighter the ball, and I can turn away and bury my face in my arms crossed on top of my knees to completely hide my face. It helps me feel more secure. Sitting in the chair feels too exposed and too formal and I'd have a harder time letting myself be vulnerable. Could a change in how you sit/posture help it feel less like an interrogation?
LabRat27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Omers