View Single Post
TheUrOther
TheUrOther has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Mar 30, 2019 at 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
You are reflecting a person that has NEVER experienced a presence that was concerning and helpful with you. This can most definitely lead to feeling that because no one helped you that everyone is failing you. I don't want to disrespect that imense hurt you are experiencing.
What conclusion can one logically derive from a life where zero people demonstrated "a presence that was concerning and helpful with you" other than any future person will also refuse to be "concerning and helpful"? There is NO evidence to suggest that a future person will behave in any way different than people in the past, especially given the near-perfect consistency of behavior and complete and perfect absence of dissenting behavior. If every sample of a group taken has the same characteristics over a large enough number of samples, it is safe to assume all members of that group have the same characteristics. If one pulls one-thousand wooden cubes out of a bag and all of the cubes pulled are red, it makes logical sense to assume all future cubes pulled out of that bag will also be red.

On top of that, the cost of having to deal with a differing person has now exceeded any possible gain I could derive from that person being different. Every new person injures me, no matter their behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
My concern is that you have so much anger that you may harm someone who really doesn't deserve it, either someone else or yourself. When a person chooses to act out their anger and resentment, it doesn't do anything to "help" the problem you loath so much, and more than often it can make it even worse.
Humanity had forty years of opportunity to earn the right to not be harmed, and it refused to take advantage of that opportunity. Humanity chose to deserve punishment of its own free will. By refusing me any excuses for not living up to their impossible standards, humanity has painted itself into a corner it cannot get out of - I am forcing them to deal with the unreasonable standards they enforced upon me, and as such there are no and can be no person who "doesn't deserve it". There is no excuse anyone can make for humanity that they have not denied me, therefore they likewise must be denied such an excuse. You cannot allow humanity to successfully exercise a double-standard or they will exercise double-standards against everyone, and the very concepts of healthy human interaction become a farce. If they are not punished now, they will never treat another human being in a healthy manner - they'll never have an incentive to.

The only way to make sure people treat others in a non-toxic manner is to punish them when they behave toxically. They have no incentive to behave well otherwise.
TheUrOther is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote