Grand Magnate

Member Since Aug 2012
129 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 31, 2019 at 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
T replied, sort of matter-of-factly: "That's my intention." I was just sort of like, "OK. Thanks." I felt like I'd just let myself be really vulnerable, and he was kinda just like, "Yep." Of course then we had to stop (I think we were a couple minutes over).
I think it's great that you spent so much of your session talking about drinking, and I have the sense that your T is trying really hard to be supportive about what and how you're doing it, and not push you or criticize you. In all his responses, I think he provides a lot of validation, so I find your reaction curious at the end, especially since it seems to me that you had been really vulnerable through the whole exchange. It's too late when you're past session time for him to get into another topic, but I think it might be helpful for you to describe your reaction at the beginning of the next one. It seems that there is probably much below this surface, including why it seems you need certain specific reactions from people and are critical when they don't provide them.
Anne2.0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
DP_2017, LonesomeTonight, WarmFuzzySocks, Xynesthesia2