DP_2017
Grand Magnate

Member Since Aug 2017
665 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 31, 2019 at 07:43 PM

That's a good sounding session.

Personally I still don't think he is the best one to help with your strong attachment, like he was saying, he basically gives what you ask for, which is great, but also makes the feelings stronger. I worry this will just keep cycling for you I also agree with him though about going to the source of certain things like your mom.

Yes the care thing is hard but it's obvious he cares, you know he does. He's shown it a lot in your time together, I think it's just hard for you to accept care. I'm not sure if it's a general thing or just a T thing. Like do you question your H or friends care for you or just his? I understand the care issues with having a hard time accepting but for me, it's across the board with anyone. I'm aware of the limits of therapy, so I don't expect the care to be as high or strong as it could be with friends or family (although my family doesn't care)

I did still notice a few times in your write up where you seemed to try to push for the response you want. It's gonna be a hard habit to break but most long term ones are. Maybe you could ask him to go back to helping you with mindfulness and CBT. coping skills etc. Try to move the focus back to you, not to him. That's hard I get it but this is your therapy, not his.

He does have some good qualities, like I always thought I'd dislike him because I loved the relationship I had with T and I needed that trust and comfort but he's probably actually perfect for me. The directness and all. It's more like how baby T is and I need that to stay focused on my issues.

Anyway... again sounded like you had a chance to get some stuff out. Sounds like he heard you, HOPEFULLY you heard him and can start to really try and believe and accept the care,even though it may never be the level you wish it was, it can't be... but accept the amount of it he can give you and maybe a good challenge is to get the level of care you want from T (but are limited with), from your H. Keep trying to build that relationship too and if you are, that's great.

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, zoiecat