View Single Post
Anonymous32451
Anonymous32451 has no updates. Edit

Default Apr 01, 2019 at 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozette View Post
Last year, I lost my best friend; as she took her own life. She was a year younger than me, and we had known each other since we were 9 and 8 years old.

Over the past decade, our careers have taken off. She was a jazz singer in the UK, and I've been working the arts industry here in Australia. We have both really enjoyed our work - even though I don't get paid for mine and I'm on a pension.

But over the past 5 years, she has changed and been having problems with her balance and been getting tests for things she's told us were for big things. But almost a year after she died, we found out there wasn't anything wrong with her... and I remember she was incredibly vain (wearing make-up all the time, hated wearing her reading glasses, wearing clothes which were young for her and colouring her hair).

It's not yet been a year, and there's a huge gaping hole in my life still. I miss her so much. I've been having problems sleeping and I haven't written anything worthwhile since her death last May (and for me as a writer that's bad - seeing I've had writer's block before and worked through it).
But recently, I'm having a collection of bad days. No matter what I do, how fit I keep myself, how well I eat, nothing seems to be working.

Will the pain and agony of my best friend ease at some point?

I lost my best friend bethany in much the same way.

life for her wasn't going as she'd hoped it would, and just when she'd been accepted in something she wanted, she took her life on the way home from a night out with her friends (I suppose the positive change came a little too late for her)

this was years ago and every day I still talk about her, and I still see things that remind me of her

she was very special, and can not be replaced
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote