Xynesthesia2
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2019
55 hugs
given
Default Apr 01, 2019 at 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
It's interesting that from your perspective he does give a lot of reassurance. Do others think that as well? I may have just been spoiled by ex-MC.
Yes, I do. It may be because I am more on the opposite end of the spectrum and very rarely seek reassurance from people, it was also similar in therapy.

I am pretty sure that your T finds you and working with you super interesting. I always have the impression that he likes challenge and you challenge him all the time in many ways, including to broaden his knowledge and therapeutic toolkit.

BTW, you may not idealize this T but I can do it for you And I am not someone prone to idealizing people. But when it comes to therapists, the ones I have encountered and read about here, your T is still by far my favorite. Perhaps because I am not so much into the very deep and extensive psychoanalytic type work many people here on PC love when it comes to therapy for myself and would prefer a more practical approach (in spite of being a very analytical and introspective person), but I love to read about it and explore on my own in everyday life.

One thing I wonder: when (many) people here suggest that you might do better with a T who is more of an expert working with transference and attachment, what would it be like and what benefits would it have for you? I personally don't have the impression, reading the session posts, that this T's style deepens your attachment and transference, more the opposite, that it keeps it at bay. Funny, I think we readers here project a lot of subjective things into your therapy
Xynesthesia2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, SalingerEsme, unaluna