View Single Post
Anonymous46365

Default Apr 01, 2019 at 09:31 PM

A problem I have is wrongly interpreting some comments because for some reason they've hit a weak spot. I usually only find out after the fact when I'm asked why I responded harshly. However most of the time I don't respond at all and internalize like LadyShadow.

Many like us do this I think. It can be unforgiving and extremely painful. If I'm in a down cycle, it can be tough to look at things people say with a logical eye. I can often be defensively triggered. On better days I can better assess situations and be able to tell if something was actually meant to be critical.

Almost always when I'm doing ok, I find no conflict. Well...only when there are REAL ones....and to be logical, there are rarely real ones. It's the mind's deviltry more often than not . When we feel suspicious etc., our damaged esteem is perhaps to blame for most of it. It's no easy one for sure....I know. But questioning ones first impulses is always best...especially when feeling particularly vulnerable. Does that sound right? Hearts and hugs Fuzzy...
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, Have Hope, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear, MickeyCheeky