View Single Post
ak1728

Member Since Apr 2019
Default Apr 01, 2019 at 10:58 PM

I am a 31-year-old male living a normal life full of stress and anxiety and a bunch of other challenges. Of course, I have had good days as well. My problem is that I am overwhelmed by all the challenges that have come at me in the past and all the challenges on my path going forward. I've survived 3 layoffs but am not sure I can find work if it happens again because I am an immigrant on a restrictive work visa. My wife's family is facing financial issues and they want me to help out which I am glad to do but only to a certain extent and there is some tension as I set those boundaries plus my wife doesn't get along well with my mom. (is that a surprise?) All this plus much more is weighing me down and I'd love to talk to someone 1-1 and at least get a patient hearing and ideally some sound unbiased advice and encouragement. I must mention that baring the occasional spell I am in no way depressed but I am now becoming more and more numb and indifferent to life and all the stress. I have seen a therapist in the past with specific issues but didn't find it very helpful. This time all I want is someone to hear me out like I mentioned before.

My question, particularly to any therapists out there, would it be ok/ unethical for me to see a therapist for this?
ak1728 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, divine1966, MickeyCheeky, Taylor27

Thanks for this!
divine1966, MickeyCheeky