TheNightWhistle Nothing but love to give

5 yr Member
44 hugs
given
Default Apr 01, 2019 at 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MermaidLove2018 View Post
Well hi there!

just left therapy about an hour ago, figured Id sign up and see if this group could help me. Ive been diagnosed with Bipolar, Depression & Anxiety and just recently my therapist have been recommending SLAA don't no much about it but i'm determined to do my best so that I can stop messing up my life.

It seems I have commitment issues with everything. The moment I get comfortable and too happy I find a way to mess it all up and sabotage my life again. Its a pattern, I've done it countless times and quit over 20 jobs because of it. I have no idea why im like this, and next **** up will be my marriage (My only Stability) if I don't stop screwing around. Im so lost & just trying to find my way.

Thanks for reading!
Yeah from what i just read SLAA seems a little religious and culty, but if you think that'll help, then by all means go for it.

The fact that you've sabotaged over 20 jobs because of impulsivity tells me that you might be experiencing manic episodes. Do you take medication for your bipolar disorder? When I was working at a facility for mental illness, I had a couple of clients who really messed up their lives during manic episodes, and it could've been prevented with the right dosage of medication.