View Single Post
LiteraryLark
Crowned "The Good Witch"

Member Since Jun 2009
1,318 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 02, 2019 at 12:33 AM

Do you sleep with stuffed animals? Do you collect them?

I do both. I have two very special stuffed animals, both were the only stuffed animals of mine that have ever needed an operation on. Sam was a 2nd birthday gift to my brother from two very special people in my life, and he needed an operation when Sarge mistook him for his own toy and ripped part of his face off. All he needed was a new nose and stitches before going back to play time with me and my brother. Sam is very special to me, and I made an unspoken vow that I'd always take care of him. He now sports a G.I. Joe army jacket with a Marine military pin my brother got.

Mr. Moose is also special. Sam and Mr. Moose were the only stuffed animals I brought with me when I fled my home because of the wildfires. Sam was the very first thing I grabbed before anything other belonging. Mr. Moose wasn't the most special stuffed animal at the time, but I decide I'd grab the cuddliest and most comforting, and now he's my trusty bedtime buddy.

I've collected other stuffed animals, but Sam and Mr. Moose are my favorite. They're also the only two stuffed animals who have ever needed an operation. Sam needed surgery when my German Shepherd mistook him for his own toy, and Mr. Moose was hugged to death and was flat. Nurse Mom saved the day on both accounts, and both are just as lovable as ever.

I'm curious if anyone else sleeps with stuffed animals or collects them? I slept with my baby blankie until 8th grade--I felt embarassed by it and gave it up, but I found myself uncomfortable to sleep without holding onto something, so I bought stuffed animals and over the years switched them on and off duty to give them all equal love. No one has ever really given me grief over it, but with some people I felt being judged, other friends were super nice about it, even offering their own stuffed animals upon a spontaneous sleepover.
LiteraryLark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous44076, Travelinglady, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Ford Puma